Jackeroo, Rodeo, MU, Frontera thread

Australia's Own
andrew
Here and there

Unread post by andrew » March 29th, 2009, 8:31 pm

Quick question :-) has anybody put a central locking kit into a 'deo dual cab? any traps/tricks?

Have had one here (central locking kit) for too long - plan on doing it during the school hols.

Cheers

Andrew

tds
Here and there

Unread post by tds » March 31st, 2009, 5:56 pm

yah takes about aday .2/3 of it fitting wires .

Ducky103
Avid Poster

Unread post by Ducky103 » March 31st, 2009, 7:44 pm

andrew wrote:Quick question :-) has anybody put a central locking kit into a 'deo dual cab? any traps/tricks?

Have had one here (central locking kit) for too long - plan on doing it during the school hols.

Cheers

Andrew

Make sure the locking solenoids travel paralell with the door lock rods. A can of silicone spray will help you to get the wires through the rubbers between the doors and body.
2004 RA crew cab/chassis 3.0TD - Snorkel, bullbar, UHF, longrange fuel tank. sliders almost done
1999 Jackaroo 3.5l V6 - bullbar. The family bus.

LTr
Here and there

Unread post by LTr » April 15th, 2009, 8:04 am

For Sale- Brand new Alloy sports bar removed by dealer and soft tonneau cover to suit still in box. Will fit any Colorado and Rodeo RA dual cab. Holden list price is approx $1300 so how about $550.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andrew
Here and there

Unread post by andrew » April 15th, 2009, 12:41 pm

andrew wrote:Quick question :-) has anybody put a central locking kit into a 'deo dual cab? any traps/tricks?
Woops - thanks for the replies so far - I should have been a bit more specific - it's a poverty pack 98 TF dually.

Was mainly intrigued as to the best place to put the solenoids etc - I know my VL Commodore had the mounting point clearly marked on the door panel - was wondering whether the 'deos were the same.

Cheers.

Ducky103
Avid Poster

Unread post by Ducky103 » April 15th, 2009, 8:49 pm

andrew wrote:Woops - thanks for the replies so far - I should have been a bit more specific - it's a poverty pack 98 TF dually.

Was mainly intrigued as to the best place to put the solenoids etc - I know my VL Commodore had the mounting point clearly marked on the door panel - was wondering whether the 'deos were the same.

Cheers.

I fitted a kit to my old 99 rodeo i had, From memory the front acuators will fit low in the rear of the door and attach to the door lock near to the top. the rears are simalar to the fronts but are located near to the front of the door. be careful to attach the acuator rod to the door lock rod, not much for for error here. Test the rears with the door trims fitted as i found the locks were binding on the door trim. Hope this helps.

Cheers Geoff.
2004 RA crew cab/chassis 3.0TD - Snorkel, bullbar, UHF, longrange fuel tank. sliders almost done
1999 Jackaroo 3.5l V6 - bullbar. The family bus.

sudso
Need to get out more

Unread post by sudso » April 22nd, 2009, 11:27 pm

I've got an aftermarket kit on my 99 TF. CL, Immob and alarm. Never had any drama's and its been in there since 2000. I've had to adjust the rods 3 or 4 times as the the thing would lock then unlock straight away occasionally even though it stayed armed. Havent had to adjust it for a couple of years now.
I love terra firma - the less firma the more terra

Doowrag
Been here a while

Unread post by Doowrag » April 30th, 2009, 12:42 pm

I have noticed my 01 Frontera has huge pressure build up behind the fuel cap, when i release it to fill up the air (fumes) gush out for a second or two, and i mean really gush out.

anyone got any ideas why?

chikoroll
Need to get out more

Unread post by chikoroll » April 30th, 2009, 7:23 pm

Doowrag wrote:I have noticed my 01 Frontera has huge pressure build up behind the fuel cap, when i release it to fill up the air (fumes) gush out for a second or two, and i mean really gush out.

anyone got any ideas why?
it is meant to be slightly pressurised, but if you hear the tank itself "pop" you need a new fuel cap, the breather is blocked

98jackaroo
Here and there

Unread post by 98jackaroo » April 30th, 2009, 10:27 pm

Hey just wondering if any 1 is running Rancho shocks , thinking of gettin a set cause mine have gotten really soft, are they good or not or what other brands you think i should have a look at??????

FisherWA
Been here a while

Unread post by FisherWA » May 17th, 2009, 1:38 pm

The array of Jacks is a little dissapointing so I thought I'd chuck mine up.

It's a 98 3.5 V6 on Gas
It's got a 2"-3" lift. Not really sure. It measures as a 3" but it's only supposed to be a 2"... Oh well :D
BJ Flip
50mm Diff drop
33" Muddies
Dual Batts
UHF
Fridge
Air Compressor etc etc

Some pics:

(Not me driving- My best mate being a tool)
Image Image Image
TDI 80 Series Sahara tourer

DIRTYJACK
Avid Poster

Unread post by DIRTYJACK » May 24th, 2009, 11:25 am

She is going to look great with flares.
Are your sidesteps sliders or just steps as im looking into sliders at the moment.

DIRTYJACK
Avid Poster

shocks

Unread post by DIRTYJACK » May 24th, 2009, 11:30 am

99jackaroo wrote:Hey just wondering if any 1 is running Rancho shocks , thinking of gettin a set cause mine have gotten really soft, are they good or not or what other brands you think i should have a look at??????

Ive herd and seen Rancho bushes are crap and need to be replaced alot.
Ive also herd they are good for lighter trucks but not our wagons so the bushs cant deal with the weight.

98jackaroo
Here and there

Unread post by 98jackaroo » May 24th, 2009, 6:23 pm

cheers dirty jack, iv already bought a set of OME shocks, and have ordered a pair of dobinsons 2" springs. cant wait to get it all fitted and see how she goes. couldnt get the 2yr warranty though cause im installing them myself. thanks for the reply, i heard from a few guys that they wern't any good aswell. il post some pics once the jacks all fitted out

Green Rodeo
Been here a while

Unread post by Green Rodeo » May 26th, 2009, 10:36 am

Green Rodeo wrote:'99 R9 turbo diesel

Bought 2nd hand with
canopy
245 x 16 Cooper AT (LT)
Narva bull bar

I've added
GME UHF
roof racks
new driving lights
phone kit

Wish list
- snorkle
- long range fuel tank
- front (auto) locker (rear LSD is so good that a rear locker not a priority)
- lift with bigger tyres

An update,

The RA rims were not the correct offset for this model, so the 245/75/16 tyres were rubbing on the ute tub at the rear. Eventually a hole would have worn through. So I had to bite the bullet and get correct offset wheels, and while I was at it I decided to move from A-Ts to mud-terrains.

snorkle - DONE
long range tank - DONE
Fr Lokka - DONE

Return to “General Holden”