Jackeroo, Rodeo, MU, Frontera thread

Australia's Own
sudso
Need to get out more

Jackeroo, Rodeo, MU, Frontera thread

Unread post by sudso » February 23rd, 2007, 11:05 am

Well every other make seems just about covered so why not the Holden/Isuzu models as well.

Post em up guy's, pic's in action too!

Ere's mine anyway:
R9 series 1999 3.2 V6 dual fuel Rodeo.
Mods: 2" Tough Dog lift, 33" muddies, Front guard chop, custom rear step, and the usual accessories.

When I bought it
Imagehttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/sudso/15771156.jpg

Now

Home Made

Bit of wheel in the air action
ImageMore to comehttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/sudso/PDVD_000.jpg
I love terra firma - the less firma the more terra

sudso
Need to get out more

Unread post by sudso » February 23rd, 2007, 11:13 am

Imagebit stuck

Bit of a play on back roads around town

Ok your turn guys, get ya Holden/Isuzu's up here:cool:

nate
Need to get out more

Unread post by nate » February 23rd, 2007, 1:55 pm

like the rodeos ay :)
what they like offroad mate? ifs?

beej
Avid Poster

Ka pow!!! <title spins in, Batman style>

Unread post by beej » February 23rd, 2007, 2:16 pm

sudso wrote: Image

Gee Sudso! Treat 'em mean, eh?! :D
[size=75][b]What is the largest shackle you can buy, and how many mountain goats can you attach to it?[/b][/size]

KRUZIN
Part of the furniture

Unread post by KRUZIN » February 23rd, 2007, 2:23 pm

the old girl, "94 2.8 turbo diesel.
now with factory intercooled inport motor.2" ironman springs & front wind up.
31" cooper st's, body lift & a few other goodies.

very soon - big zorst & snorkle.

she's not a tourer or a rock hopper, so we do both in it.

[size=+2][color=blue][i] Is listening to the voices in my head...& I've come to realise they are having more fun than me, I'm going to join them for a few beers.:drink::drink:.[/i][/color][/size]

KRUZIN
Part of the furniture

Unread post by KRUZIN » February 23rd, 2007, 2:28 pm

hey sudso did you ever raise up your fuel tank?

been looking under mine & i dont think it will be too big a hassle to do.

also on the wish list is a locker ----- or 2
[size=+2][color=blue][i] Is listening to the voices in my head...& I've come to realise they are having more fun than me, I'm going to join them for a few beers.:drink::drink:.[/i][/color][/size]

fishaholic
Been here a while

Unread post by fishaholic » February 23rd, 2007, 4:17 pm

Well this is mine Deo... 02 model, 3.2L V6

2" TJM all round
Airtec Snorkel
ARB Canopy (only just bought, not in most pics)
ARB bar and IPF lights
245/70/16 BFG's AT's on 16x7 Sunraysia's
Uniden UHF

Next on the list is rock sliders, well after i get the sills fixed anyway! hahaha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
52 weekends a year are not enough!!

nate
Need to get out more

Unread post by nate » February 23rd, 2007, 6:53 pm

well guys, what are the rodeo's like off road??

sudso
Need to get out more

Unread post by sudso » February 24th, 2007, 1:21 am

nate wrote:well guys, what are the rodeo's like off road??
Being IFS and low slung as standard they have their limitations like any other ifs 4wd, but if they had a live front axle and more travel in the rear I'd say on par with if not better than a live axle Hilux, especially with Isuzu's good engines and drivetrains, tough like their trucks;). The LSD rears work great and the V6 petrols are very zippy, I came second in the modified class at the Riverland 4x4 Mud Drags a few weeks ago:D. I think I was the only one using high range too.
fishaholic wrote: Next on the list is rock sliders, well after i get the sills fixed anyway! hahaha
he he, yours too eh? lol!
rodeo1 wrote: hey sudso did you ever raise up your fuel tank?
No not yet, I'd have to do a 30-40mm body lift to raise the long range tank 2", that would get the bottom front of the tank just above the level of the bottom of the chassis rails. I just pick my lines more carefully and the lift and the 33's helps too.

beej wrote: Gee Sudso! Treat 'em mean, eh?! :D
haha! tis alright mate, they can take it, lol! Well mine does anyway. I dont go getting big air in it or anything like that though.

sudso
Need to get out more

Unread post by sudso » February 24th, 2007, 1:36 am

Hey fishaholic be careful with water crossings. The bellhousings for the V6 have porous breathable foam kinda seals where it bolts to the engine (sides and bottom) and water can flood your clutch and wreck it. They might have fixed the stupid idea by 02 though. I fixed mine with Hi-temp RTV silicone:)

sudso
Need to get out more

Unread post by sudso » February 24th, 2007, 1:56 am

Hey rodeo1, is that a bonnet scoop from from a later intercooled Rodeo?

Good to see some pic's of other Isuzu's in action too, I'm enjoying them.
Hope to see some Jackeroo's and MU's as well.

nate wrote: like the rodeos ay :)
Actually I didnt really like the look of them at first but after looking at dual cabs of various breeds for 5 months the missus suggested this one when we came across it just because of all the extra's that came with it lol! (dual fuel, warn winch, arb bar, central locking, alarm/immobiliser, spotties, canopy, Rhino tub lining, roof bars etc. etc., all of which have come in very handy and are expensive to add on. I dont have any regrets about getting it although I've cursed a "bit" when replacing the clutch. They can be mutants to work on LOL!
It had a pretty good history too, it used to be a Police Rescue/Paddy Wagon lol! in country NSW and then an "oldish" hobby farmer owned it for a while.

Bazza_rips
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Bazza_rips » February 24th, 2007, 6:21 am

Here's my baby. I'm slowly getting the bits and pieces together for a dual battery setup. going to build a box to take the hardware ala roothy style.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Moderate amount of kit......... Still a bloody long list to go!

Who needs Bling when you've got Black sunnies?

fishaholic
Been here a while

Unread post by fishaholic » February 24th, 2007, 10:08 am

Sudso, i didn't realise about the porus seal, i might email Holden to see if they had fixed it by 02. I hope so anyway. Have you extended your gearbox breather? I wouldn't have a clue where its located? Both diffs are done however.

Have you looked into custom sliders, or commerically available ones? Seems that ARB have stopped making their protection steps (and destroyed the jigs!) which only leaves TJM ones but they come as a brush bar and step combo, im not really interested in brush bars. Ill have to look into custom ones more, im a little worried about the price though. Do you have any pics or links for deo's with sliders?

Andrew
52 weekends a year are not enough!!

sudso
Need to get out more

Unread post by sudso » February 24th, 2007, 1:07 pm

fishaholic wrote:Sudso, i didn't realise about the porus seal, i might email Holden to see if they had fixed it by 02. I hope so anyway. Have you extended your gearbox breather? I wouldn't have a clue where its located? Both diffs are done however.

Have you looked into custom sliders, or commerically available ones? Seems that ARB have stopped making their protection steps (and destroyed the jigs!) which only leaves TJM ones but they come as a brush bar and step combo, im not really interested in brush bars. Ill have to look into custom ones more, im a little worried about the price though. Do you have any pics or links for deo's with sliders?

Andrew
Yeah it was the local sargant who warned me about the seals as they had a V6 R9 paddy wagon and their's was an 02 model too, so get onto it!
It was too late for me though, I'd already done my clutch in (well thrust bearing and pressure plate anyway) before he'd told me. (see pic of me in watery mud hole)
Your seals might be in better nick than mine were anyway and thus keeping more water out. You have to remove quite a few components to remove the seals and seal them up properly too. There's one each side and one at the bottom between the motor and bellhousing. I already had my gearbox out to replace the clutch so it was easier. If a ever have to replace the clutch get a Daikin/Exedy Safari Tuff too, they are awsome!

The gearbox breather nipple is located on a plastic box on top of the gearbox on the back of the gearstick housing.
Get under the car up on ramps and you'll see a hose coming off it. That does the transfer as well, they are linked together.
I extended mine up high inside the engine bay with a cheapy in line fuel filter on the end of it.
I've never had any trouble with water etc. in my diffs/gearbox.
Inside the car remove the rubber boot and shifters (easy) and remove the shifter housing off the gearbox too. There is a plastic "self draining" box attached to it where the breather nipple is.
Remove the plastic box and seal that up good and clip it back on making sure it's fully sealed where it joins on too, except for the breather nipple.
Make sure all mating surfaces are clinically clean when you reassemble it all too.
I've got some pic's somewhere when my g/box was out, I'll get em up soon.

Re- sliders, log on to Outer Limits and search for posts by author - "rainsey". he made sliders for his Rodeo and did a damn good job, with heaps of pic's too. (in the GMH/Isuzu section.)
I recommend a body lift too like rainsey did so the sills sit higher than most of the chassis rails. Then the brackets can sit out from the chassis horizontally and not below them.

Cheers, sudso

Return to “General Holden”