Warranty Work charged out Hourly?

Australia's Own
gekohat
Getting to know the place

Warranty Work charged out Hourly?

Unread post by gekohat » March 8th, 2012, 8:36 am

Hi all, just went to take my 2month old Colorado into the local dealer for warranty work.
The service manager then informs me because I didn't purchase the vehicle from them that they will
charge any work out at hourly that they cannot find a fault with. I'm not quite sure if this is the same
with other dealers?

My main concern is there are several things i wanted them too look at the problems only happen about 50%
of the time. So if it doesn't happen while they have the vehicle, I'm going to get charged and the problem
will show up a few days later. Anyone had something similar or know if they can charge me for warranty work?
I thought they had to charge out Holden?

Cheers Mitch.

tgbond007
Been here a while

Re: Warranty Work charged out Hourly?

Unread post by tgbond007 » March 8th, 2012, 9:49 am

From someone who knows:
Holden warranty will only pay for the actual time required to replace the faulty item and part required. They don’t pay for time taken to diagnose the problem especially if it is intermittent and there is not a previous techline for the issue. If a part is replaced and it doesn’t fix the problem that also costs the dealer.

It is at the discretion of the dealer if they want to charge for diagnostic time.

gekohat
Getting to know the place

Unread post by gekohat » March 8th, 2012, 12:42 pm

Sweet, thanks for that info mate :)

Mungrel
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Mungrel » March 8th, 2012, 12:46 pm

FWIW, Holden has recommended "R&R" times which is the maximum the dealer can charge back to Holden.
Anything over and above that cannot be claimed as i remember from my dealership days.
If it can't be fixed with duct tape or a hammer, It must be electrical
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=187&t=138912&hilit=mungrel%27
Photography Page: http://www.facebook.com/MungrelImages

When in doubt,

Return to “General Holden”