How do you go about getting a car recalled? Ford Escape?

For the Ford folk!
rimshot
Here and there

How do you go about getting a car recalled? Ford Escape?

Unread post by rimshot » March 6th, 2011, 11:45 pm

Hi to all out there..
How do you go about getting a car recalled ?
On the Escape the frount left hub (not rotor) warps crushing the bearings.
There has been more then 1 case where the driver has crashed due to this but has been said that there was no folt of the car. After talking to a number of people around Austraila I have found out there is alot like this. The way I 1st come to know about this is that a friend asked for me to have a look at her car 3 weeks after she just paid $3155.00 to have it fixed. New CV's , brakes and even diff and wheel bearings.After 3 weeks it was like the work was never done. After I go new wheel bearings(every thing alse was new) and fitted them (thinking she would be happy) 6weeks later she was back. I got another new hub and bearings agen and its been over a year now and still ok. She has talked to other Escape owners and now In the last year ive done another 9 ( 1 that had crashed) . I have talked to Ford about this and there saying that they have never herd about it befor, what BS.
If anyone knows how i go about starting to get a recall on the Escape please let me know.
Thanks

rolly82

Re: Ford Escape recall

Unread post by rolly82 » March 7th, 2011, 12:04 am

to get a car recalled, then the manufacturer has to
know about it (this case ford). now if ford has not
heard about it, then nothing will happen about a recall,
its as simple as that.

98fex
Been here a while

Unread post by 98fex » June 28th, 2011, 10:24 am

try here for all your recall http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index ... mId/952401" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aze0105
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by aze0105 » July 24th, 2012, 7:07 pm

Recently, Ford Motors has publicized that it is recalling 11,500 more 2013 Ford Escape SUVs. This time, the issue is a faulty fuel line that can break in 1.6-liter engines. This can result in a fuel leak, which in turn can result in motor fire. Ford Escapes from the 2013 model year that have 2.0- and 2.5-liter engines are not affected by the recall and fire risk, Ford said. Dealers were also told to stop selling 2013 Ford Escape SUVs with 1.6-liter engines until they are repaired. No injuries have been reported due to the issue.

Return to “General Ford”