Ebay snorkle - anyone tried a Tuff Terrain Snorkle before?

Discuss technical aspects of your 4WD with other owners, and share your opinions
Richard387
I'm new, be nice!

Ebay snorkle - anyone tried a Tuff Terrain Snorkle before?

Unread post by Richard387 » February 22nd, 2018, 5:15 pm

Hi, i brought a tuff terrain snorkle off ebay for my mk triton. I went to my local 4x4 shop to get it fitted and they said its not waterproof so dont fit it.
Is this entirely true?
And have any of you used tuff terrain before?
Thanks

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Ebay snorkle - anyone tried a Tuff Terrain Snorkle before?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » February 22nd, 2018, 6:00 pm

Did they tell you HOW or WHY it's not going to be waterproof?? They don't look too awful on the website, altho still might be a bit thin & fragile, but surely a competent fitter could make them work well enough to be OK for a year or maybe two?! :confused:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Richard387
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Richard387 » February 22nd, 2018, 6:47 pm

No, they didn't say much except ebay snorkles are really just air inductions.
Because they are less than half price, may just go to a panel beater and get it fitted

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » February 22nd, 2018, 7:27 pm

Well, they may be just a higher air inlet, but seriously, how much deep water are you going to be driving thru?!? Sure, there's no way they are going to be as robust & long lasting as a Safari Snorkle, but then not much is and for many, any reasonable quality raised air inlet is going to be more than adequate for most of their 4 wheeling!!

So maybe you should ask yourself where's home that you will be likely to cross a heap of FNQ/Cape York or High Country type Rivers, or are you planning on trips to those places in the next 12/24 months?? If you are west of the Great Divide or planning on more Desert of NW Trips for the tjme being, then the Ebay Snorkel might be worth it for now just to get some cooler dust free air in, & you can probably save enough in servicing air filters to replace it before you head for FNQ/the Cape or the Eastern face of the Divide?!? ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “General Tech”