Rusty Front Diff - New Cruiser

Discuss technical aspects of your 4WD with other owners, and share your opinions
Red04VXE
Avid Poster

Re: Rusty Front Diff - New Cruiser

Unread post by Red04VXE » June 11th, 2015, 9:18 pm

Fairly common to see that rust. Not just Cruisers either.
New Toy, 1982 HJ60 2H 4spd 33's soon to have F&R LockRights and LongFields.

daale
Here and there

Unread post by daale » June 12th, 2015, 12:25 pm

well i took it to toyota and surpise suprise they dont want a bar of it.

bought some rust converter, primer and paint. if you want something done right you gotta do it yourself.

if your thinking of spending your hard earned on a toyota, be prepared to paint underneath it.

daale
Here and there

Unread post by daale » June 12th, 2015, 11:39 pm

getting her ready for the new paint job
Last edited by daale on June 15th, 2015, 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

cmar
Avid Poster

Unread post by cmar » June 13th, 2015, 7:25 am

well i took it to toyota and surpise suprise they dont want a bar of it.
You can see by how clean and bright all the alloy parts are that you haven't been using the thing in salt or done any significant off road work.
Perhaps you should suggest sending some photo's to the RACQ, RACV etc, and to consumer affairs, after all that car isn't in my opinion properly finished, and if they haven't finished something so obvious, what else haven't they put together properly? The paint job under my fathers Tata ute is better than that.

Like I said above, Toyota isn't what it used to be, since all they really have to offer these days that is significantly better than their opposition is their reputation for quality, then I'm surprised that they seem willing to loose that too.
Haven't owned a 2WD since 1982.

daale
Here and there

Unread post by daale » June 13th, 2015, 6:06 pm

yea im not too worried about it now, bit of killrust sorted it out, slapped some primer and paint on there. took alot less time then it would have stuffing around with the dealeaer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shann Low
Avid Poster

Unread post by Shann Low » June 14th, 2015, 11:20 pm

Of course, now you realize the dealer COULD (possibly) claim you voided the warranty if anything goes wrong under there that they would normally be responsible for!

One thing you perhaps COULD do - send an email with photos to Toyota in Japan pointing out the error of their ways & how the dealer refused to accept responsibility and how Toyota just lost face on a off road website for their off road 4wd vehicles.

Japanese culture is VERY different to ours here in Oz!

Since WW2 and McArthur's 'T.Q.C'. program (Total Quality Control), the Japanese are fastidious for everything being just right / tickety boo perfect.

Public loss of face is something that once upon a time, in their culture required them to literally 'fall on their sword' (hairi kiri sp?) out of honor.

So if ever you want to kick a Tojo (or any other Japanese manufacturers) dealers ring until his nose bleeds a "loss of face" email with photos and the publicity on forums etc goes a heck of a long way.

Dealers can lose a dealership and importers can lose a brand, if customer support isn't what it should be based on head office expectations.

Don't under estimate Japanese culture and their commitment to customer service...

They can have someone at head office translate any email.... from your English.

This is how you keep dealers accountable... if he gets his ass reamed by the importer and threatened with loss of the brand from HO in Japan... he will think twice before trying that crap on with the next bloke.

Have had a little to do with the Japanese and their culture over the years - squeaky wheel gets the oil in Japan....

Or not.

Whether its worth the hassle?.

You already have the pics - & an email costs nothing...

Name and shame the dealer! ;)

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » June 14th, 2015, 11:30 pm

Shann Low wrote:....Name and shame the dealer! ;)
Not here tho, that'll only get you in the brown stuff & your post edited or removed! :(

The Rules & Guidelines are quite clear about NO Naming & Shaming! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Shann Low
Avid Poster

Unread post by Shann Low » June 14th, 2015, 11:31 pm

No not here - I meant to name and shame the dealer to head of Tojo in Japan.

Akio_Toyoda@mail.toyota.co.jp

:cool:

daale
Here and there

Unread post by daale » June 15th, 2015, 12:10 am

yea i did think about the whole warranty thing but if they didnt care bout a bit of rust doubt they'll care about a bit of paint or even notice it. all sorted now anyway so just going to enjoy the car, shouldnt give me any issues.

gotta say, got some amazingly different opinions between this forum and the exploreoz forum.

Shann Low
Avid Poster

Unread post by Shann Low » June 15th, 2015, 12:56 am

Yeah - I'm still life banned there, probably! :lol: :lol:

daale
Here and there

Unread post by daale » June 15th, 2015, 2:30 pm

haha. im not far off the way im going

Return to “General Tech”