Why won't my 100 series head lights adjust? Any ideas??

Discuss technical aspects of your 4WD with other owners, and share your opinions
greigmckinnon
I'm new, be nice!

Why won't my 100 series head lights adjust? Any ideas??

Unread post by greigmckinnon » December 24th, 2013, 11:01 am

Why won't the headlights of my 2004 ,100 series land cruiser head lights adjust...have used the adjustment screws and nothing.....have had headlights out and cant see anyway of telling if the adjusters are working or not...any idea's??????
greigmckinnon

TLC60S
Part of the furniture

Re: Why won't my 100 series head lights adjust? Any ideas??

Unread post by TLC60S » December 24th, 2013, 8:37 pm

Mine are crook as well , they have a cog with teeth & the teeth might be not grabbing cause the cog is only a plastic part.
Cheers TLC60S

whizzo
Need to get out more

Re: Why won't my 100 series head lights adjust? Any ideas??

Unread post by whizzo » December 28th, 2013, 9:44 am

Corrosion pure & simple.
I've had this issue with a number of vehicles.....actually just about ever vehicle I have owned..

the mounting and adjustment screws on just about every vehice known to man, corrode eventually......the plating does not last long and the screws are inserted dry at the factory...with the headlight assembly right out there in the weather..corrsion is not far away.

If you are lucky and carefull it will just be a case of pulling the whole thing appart....with use of some oil spray, cleaning the threads and putting it all back tgether with a liberal coating of never seeze.

cheers

Return to “General Tech”