View topic - trouble bleeding GQ clutch

trouble bleeding GQ clutch

Discuss technical aspects of your 4WD with other owners, and share your opinions
Been here a while

trouble bleeding GQ clutch

i just replaced the clutch slave cyl and the clutch hose.

now i'm cant get her to bleed through, it goes rock hard, then because it's power assisted wen i start the car it goes very soft and i cant put it into gear.

any tricks? ideas? anything?

Unread postby Felux » April 20th, 2011, 11:32 am

Been here a while

Re: trouble bleeding GQ clutch

I didnt do it on the gq, but i just did it on the rodeo. when there was a heap of air in the lines i couldnt get it to flow, so i had to undo the nipple, depress the clutch, do the nipple up, pull the clutch up, and repeat about 5 times and then it started to flow on its own. i ended up just gravity bleeding it and it worked really well.

Unread postby nethergate » April 20th, 2011, 11:58 am

Admin

They are hard to bleed! But there is already a lot of stuff posted on the Forum about bleeding Patrol Clutches; it's worth a search and a read, or even just scrolling thru the Nissan Patrol tech index pages & selecting the appropriate threads!
An Ex-Service person is someone who, at some stage in their life, thought enough about their country, how great it is, and how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for an amount of 'Up to and including my Life!'

Unread postby Peter Aawen » April 20th, 2011, 1:24 pm

Been here a while

all sorted,

who the **** thought it would be a good idea to put a second bleeder and a totally redundant line for the clutch!

asshole thing!

Unread postby Felux » April 20th, 2011, 5:05 pm

Return to General Tech