Landcruiser Fuel Temperature Sensor fault (Code P0183)

Discuss technical aspects of your 4WD with other owners, and share your opinions
ballza
I'm new, be nice!

Landcruiser Fuel Temperature Sensor fault (Code P0183)

Unread post by ballza » March 10th, 2018, 9:30 pm

Hi All,
Started my Toyota Landcruiser VDJ76 today and noticed the engine light stay on. Plugged in my OBD2 Scanner and the error code was P0183 "Fuel temperature sensor "A" Circuit High".

With a bit of research the most likely thing is that the fuel temperature sensor has died. After searching the heck out of google, for the life of me I cannot find any information on where this sensor is located.
Wondering if anyone can shed any light on its location or has dealt with this error code before.

Thanks very much.
Anthony

Tony F8
Here and there

Re: Landcruiser Fuel Temperature Sensor fault (Code P0183)

Unread post by Tony F8 » March 11th, 2018, 6:10 pm

Sorry can't help you, but you have to love the modern 4wd.

ballza
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Landcruiser Fuel Temperature Sensor fault (Code P0183)

Unread post by ballza » March 12th, 2018, 8:25 pm

Agh ha, found the problem! A rodent has chewed completely thru both wires to the fuel temperature sensor. The were chewed thru right at the sensor itself with only about 5mm of wire left which made soldering new wires on very difficult.

If anybody wants to know, the fuel temperature sensor is located on the top of the injector pump. If you remove the intercooler its reasonably easy to get at, towards the front of the vehicle.

Reconnected the wires, reset the engine light through an OBD2 app, and all good to go.

Cheers
Anthony

Return to “General Tech”